I could eat the burger mix raw....it's THAT good! We serve these with baked sweet potato fries and a veganeise/ketchup sauce.
Quinoa Black Bean Burger Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced .
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & sliced .
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin .
- 1 c quinoa .
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed & drained .
- 1/2 tsp chili powder .
- 1/2 c red onions, grated & squeezed dry .
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro, sliced .
- 1/3 c dry breadcrumbs .
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil .
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper .
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Step #1 Rinse quinoa under cool water for couple of mins in fine sieve to remove bitterness.
- Step #2 Put in rice cooker with just over 1 & 1/3 c water & set to cook.
- Step #3 Transfer to food processor/blender fitted with metal blade.
- Step #4 Add beans, garlic, salt, jalapeno, 1 tbsp of oil, onion, cilantro, chili powder, cumin & pepper.
- Step #5 Puree until smooth.
- Step #6 Form into six 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Step #7 Place bread crumbs in shallow bowl.
- Step #8 Press patties into crumbs, turning to coat both sides.
- Step #9 In non-stick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat.
- Step #10 Cook patties in batches, turning once, for 8 mins or until browned.
- Enjoy the Black Bean & Quinoa Burgers recipe
I'll post some photos of these, the next time we make them.