Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I Can't Live Without My Sirius...Seriously!

Being that I drive across town almost every day for work, I listen to the radio all the time. Even when I am at home, I listen to the radio. Not just any radio...Sirius Radio. My favorite channel is Sirius XMU.

It is a great indie rock station and I have learned about so many great artists over the course of the last 3 years. The best part is that there are no commercials. Some of the bands I've been listening to and loving from XMU are Harlem, Fresh And Onlys, Tennis, Women, DOM, White Denim, Dent May, Villagers, Foals, Sufjan Stevens, Black Angels, Streets, Black Keys, Broken Bells, Tame Impala, Blitzen Trapper, Best Coast, Dr. Dog, Soft Pack, Morning Benders, So So Glos, Sleigh Bells, Born Ruffians, Field Music, Avi Buffalo, Deer Tick, Wilco and so on. This music seriously adds so much enjoyment to my life. I love XMU sessions, which are live in-studio performances by various indie bands. I also love Blog Radio...Hipster Runoff's Carles is hilarious. I love the other Blog Radio shows: My Old Kentucky Blog, Gorilla Vs. Bear , Brooklyn Vegan and Aquarium Drunkard

I also love Elvis Radio, Sirius Hits 1, 50s on 5, Classic Rewind, Classic Vinyl, Underground Garage, Siriusly Sinatra, etc. Matt loves the Grateful Dead channel...I HATE the Grateful Dead channel. In fact, I wish there was a clever way to block the GD channel from my car, so I never have to listen to it! I suppose I could survive without Sirius, but I wouldn't want to; it's become a part of me. This time of year is my favorite because I have so many channel options! You can sign up for internet radio or even get a subscription to listen to on your Blackberry or IPhone/IPod Touch.

Sirius just rolled out their holiday programming 2 days ago. SIRIUS XM's holiday music channels will showcase traditional holiday songs, classical Christmas carols, Hanukkah music, country Christmas classics and contemporary seasonal music. The special holiday programming will feature holiday music favorites recorded by artists from all genres. The various channels will offer listeners the perfect soundtrack for the holiday season. 3 of the 5 channels aren't live yet, but at least I have some holiday channels to choose from!

SIRIUS XM Radio holiday channel lineup features:
Holiday Traditions (SIRIUS channel 4 and XM channel 4) will feature traditional holiday recordings from the '40s through the '60s by artists such as Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Ray Conniff and Nat "King" Cole.
Monday, November 15- Saturday, January 1
Holly (SIRIUS channel 3 and XM channel 23) will feature contemporary holiday music as well as traditional favorites, including songs by John Mayer, Colbie Caillat, Josh Groban, Mariah Carey and Michael Buble.
Monday, November 15- Friday, December 31
Radio Hanukkah (SIRIUS channel 76 and XM channel 28) will feature an extensive collection of Hanukkah music, including contemporary, traditional and children's Hanukkah selections. Hasidic reggae musician Matisyahu will present nightly blessings and share personal stories and memories about past Hanukkahs.
Wednesday, December 1- Thursday, December 9
Holiday Pops (SIRIUS channel 79 and XM channel 77) will feature classical Christmas carols sung by the greatest classical musicians of all-time, including the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Luciano Pavarotti, Boston Pops and Leontyne Price.
Wednesday, December 1- Saturday, December 25
Country Christmas (SIRIUS channel 62 and XM channel 10) will feature a wide-ranging assortment of country Christmas music, including Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood and Kenny Rogers.
Friday, December 10- Saturday, December 25

I bet there are some holiday promotions for Sirius radios and subscriptions. Seriously, you'll love Sirius!

No comments:

Post a Comment