My only problem with the finished ice cream is that it was more icy vs creamy. I think that I didn't freeze my ice cream machine's bowl long enough, so that could be why. The taste is AMAZING. I love this recipe!
I bought this cute reusable 1 pint ice cream container on Amazon. Love it.
Vegan Peppermint Ice Cream
- 1 14 ounce can regular coconut milk ( I substituted Mimic Creme)
- 1 1/4 cups nondairy milk (I used organic vanilla Silk soy milk)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 1 cup crushed candy canes or small peppermint stick pieces
I love this cream substitute!
Here is the batter that needs to be chilled before it can be added to the ice cream machine
Ice cream starting to chill
My cute ice cream machine
I crushed candy canes with a hammer in a bag outside
Pouring in the candy canes
The finished ice cream
Ice cream after it's been in the freezer