Hibbard Kitchen Original Vegan Cake Batter Ice Cream
1 cup Silk organic vanilla soy milk (any vanilla flavored non-dairy milk should work)
3/4 cup sugar (I used organic and it dissolved just fine)
2 cups unsweetened MimicCreme
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup vegan yellow cake mix (Dunkin Hines yellow cake mix is vegan and many store-brands are vegan...check the label)
1. In a large bowl with a whisk, combine the soy milk and sugar, until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Mix in the Mimiccreme and vanilla.
3. Sift in cake batter about 1/4 cup at a time. You'll likely need to whisk for a little while after all the cake mix has been added to remove lumps.
4. Pour mixture into your ice cream machine and follow the machine's instructions. My ice cream began to get thick and get creamy around the 30 minute mark.
5. Eat immediately (I like instant gratification) or put in your freezer for a few hours before eating (I doubt you'll be able to wait that long to eat it).
Whisking all ingredients
Ice cream churning
After the ice cream is finished in the machine
We couldn't wait to eat it...straight out of the ice cream machine
Here is the ice cream after freezing.
Mandatory sprinkles on top