16 cups fresh popcorn (make sure you choose no butter, no salt popcorn if using microwave popcorn)
3 cups rice Chex
2 cups dry-roasted peanuts
3 tbsp peanut butter
1 batch homemade vegan white chocolate
1. Combine the popcorn, Chex and peanuts in an extra large bowl.
2. Melt white chocolate with the peanut butter in the microwave (or on stove) for 30 seconds to start. Check on the mixture regularly, by stirring the mixture. Continue in 15 second intervals if the white chocolate is not fully-melted.
3. Pour the white chocolate mixture over the popcorn, in the large bowl and mix to coat all pieces.
4. Spread out the mixture out to dry on large pieces of wax paper.
5. Popcorn white chocolate coating will remain 'wet' for about 20 minutes. Once the coating has dried, the popcorn is ready to eat and can be transferred to a bowl for serving.
Mixing the dry ingredients
My pretty homemade white chocolate
Combining the peanut butter and white chocolate
The white chocolate mixture after it has been melted
White chocolate mixture
Close-up of the coated popcorn
Setting the popcorn out to dry
Ready to eat!
The finished product=crack corn (addictive like crack)!