Monday, March 15, 2010

30 days as a vegan...made a yummy salad for dinner!

Today marks 30 days of living a vegan lifestyle! I am super exited about my accomplishment. I am also 30 days sans Diet Coke! Now that I know I can REALLY do this, I am going to try to embrace new things for the next 30 days.  I am going to research new recipes and hopefully jump-start my home food garden.

Super huge thanks to Katerina and Dexter for inspiring me to make a salad for dinner. Tonight I put together a lot of ingredients I would normally never combine. I will be making this salad all the time. I can sub the garbanzo beans with black beans, kidney beans, great northern beans, pinto beans, etc. I can sub other dried or fresh fruit for the cranberries. And, the walnuts can be subbed with almonds, pecans, peanuts, etc. I like the nutty, savory and sweet combination....it's a real good time!

Did I mention that I love my Magic Bullet?! I made my salad dressing with my Magic Bullet. It is my new favorite kitchen gadget. Thank you Kinchens for the awesome gift! If only I knew how awesome it was a year ago!

Salad
2 cups romaine lettuce
1 cup garbanzo beans
1 tablespoon crushed walnuts
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
1 tablespoon homemade dressing

Homemade dressing
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon
3 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper





No comments:

Post a Comment