Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Store-bought vegan black bean soup sucks....so try this recipe

I have been on a soup kick lately, which is funny because I have hated soup for my entire life. I still hate most soups, but have come marginally close to liking store-bought black bean soup. But, something was missing. Why is it that all vegan black bean soup is flavorless? I remember the first crock pot recipe I ever made; Texas Black Bean soup. It wasn't a vegan recipe, but I modified the recipe. It is weight-watchers friendly and mighty tasty.
I'll be eating this soup for lunch for the next week.


Texas Black Bean Soup

POINTS® Value: 4
Servings: 6

Preparation Time: 5min
Cooking Time: 240min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Course: main meals



Ingredients


* 2 can(s) Rosaritos Black Beans (Rinse & Drain) Pour into Crock Pot  (I used vegetarian REFRIED black beans)
* 1 can S & W Stewed Tomatoes Mexican Recipe, Pour into Crock Pot
* 1can S & W Diced Tomatos w/Onion & Green Chilli, Pour Into Crock Pot
* 1 can Swanson Reduced Sodiom vegetable Broth, Pour into Crock Pot
* 1 can Green Giant MexiCorn, (Drain) Pour into Crock Pot
* 2 can(s) LaVie Diced Green Chilli's FireRoasted Mild, (Drain) Pour into Crock Pot
* 4 Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
* 2 tbsp chili powder, Put into Crock Pot
* 1 tsp McCormick Ground cumin, Put into Crock Pot
* 1/2 tsp Dried Minced Garlic.. Put into Crock Pot

Instructions

Put all ingredients into crock pot, stir, cover and set on high for 4-5 hours. Occasionally stir. If it begins to bubble then switch to low heat.




No comments:

Post a Comment