Sunday, March 7, 2010

Grocery adventures

Shopping for groceries is an entirely new experience, when you are so used to buying processed foods. I used to breeze through the grocery store in 10 minutes, as I would buy the same foods every week.
I am proud to say that I have 21 days without drinking Diet Coke and processed foods no longer have a place in my kitchen. Part of the fun of becoming vegan is trying new things. For anyone who knows me, you know I don't often try new things. I have to admit that I am liking almost everything vegan I try.

We bought Teese Cheese Mozzarella at Green this week. We tried the Teese Cheese on a homemade flatbread pizza. YUM. Tastes just like Green's pizza. This vegan cheese blows Diaya out of the water....way out of the water.

We bought some amazing raw treats this week at Whole Foods. The Pure Organic raw fruit and nut bars are very tasty. I couldn't believe they were raw and certified organic. Pure heaven.
 
We also bought some vegan cheesecake from www.earthcafetogo.com at Whole Foods. OMG. Tastes just like the real thing-HOW?! Matt and I thought it was pricy at $5.99 a slice, but totally worth a splurge.

I had no idea that a lot of wine is processed using animal products.  I am sure there is a long list of vegan wines, but it was nice that Whole Foods was featuring Stellar Organics. I bought a lovely vegan-friendly Merlot.

This week, we plan to make some oat burgers, crockpot mock-chicken taco chili, citrus scones, mock chicken parm, and some other new-to-us vegan recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment