Monday, March 8, 2010

Vegan weight-watchers Chipotle cilantro lime rice recipe

I am a HUGE fan of Gina's Weight Watchers recipe blog. She makes eating healthy taste good!


Gina's Weight Watchers Recipes

I am also a huge fan of Chipotle. I haven't had Chipotle in a while and I was starting to miss it. Good thing I was on Gina's blog for my chicken (seitan) taco chili recipe because she had a recipe for a copycat Chipotle cilantro lime rice recipe. 4 pts per serving and worth every point!

Here is the recipe:
Servings: 4 Size: 6 oz servings • Time: 25 minutes Points: 4 ww points
  • 1 cup extra long grain rice or basmati rice (I used white long grain rice from Whole Foods)
  • 1/2 lime, juice of
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
  • 4 tsp vegetable oil
In a small heavy pot, add rice, water, 1 tsp oil and salt. Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When the water just skims the top of the rice, reduce to low and cover about 15 minutes. Shut off flame and keep covered an additional 5 minute.

In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil and toss until completely mixed.

Yum, yum, yum. Now I need to copycat the chicken recipe and use seitan instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment