Vegan Kung Pao/Thai Peanut Seitan Recipe
SERVES 4 (enough for leftovers for 2)
Write a Review! (optional)
- 4 chicken breast size pieces of seitan
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons light sesame oil or vegetable oil (I used sesame oil)
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped with tops
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4-1 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to your own taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 3 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups cooked rice, hot
- 12 baby carrots sliced (or 1 regular carrot sliced)
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli
- Cut seitan into small pieces and combine with cornstarch in small bowl.
- Toss to coat.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet or wok on medium heat.
- Add seitan.
- Stir fry 5- 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add green onions, garlic, red pepper and ginger to skillet.
- Stir fry 15 seconds on medium high eat.
- Add carrots, zucchini and broccoli
- Stir fry about 5-7 minutes
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in small bowl.
- Stir well.
- Add to skillet.
- Stir until seitan is well coated.
- Stir in nuts.
- Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until sauce thickens
- Serve over hot rice.